Sunday 1 July 2012

Beauty Love - Chapter 15 - Stepping a New Life


Rating K : 

Genre    : Friendship, Family Drama

Warning :  Orphan, Emotionaly wrecked ---- tissueeee

Lads      :  Kian, Mark, Shane, Bryan, Nicky 


Summary : Both Kian and Mark , 11 yrs old, are an orphan at St. Peter Orphan House for Boys. They grew up together and happily, they were loved by all sisters and father, but they are still want to feel having a real family which mean having mother, father, and brother. Would they have that too ?

 

Previous Chapter : Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter6, Chapter 7 ,  Chapter 8 , Chapter 9 , Chapter 10 , Chapter 11, Chapter 12 , Chapter 13, Chapter 14




Chapter 15

Stepping a New Life

            At night, Lord McFadden seeing Kian again. He told him, that from now and forever, he will lived in this house, being part of this family, being Miss Adeline for this family, but it wouldn’t change how they will see him as a Kian.  This room will be his, and he may use it, and he would wear Adeline’s dress and gown with all the accessories, even her toys. Kian would be as Kian as Adeline. And this what Kian feared of. He was afraid he couldn’t please like Lord McFadden expected him. He could only pray.

After Lord McFadden told him everything, Kian even couldn’t sleep. He sat on the bed starred to the ceiling. He was alone at this big bedroom.
And there’s a slowly knock.

    “Come in.”
A man came. It was Sir Shane.
    “Hey, you are still up? You can’t sleep, or maybe there is something bothering you, boy?”
    “No, Sir, nothing. It’s alright, I’m fine, Sir.”
    “Oh, please, it’s Shane, you may call me Shane.”
    “I can’t.”
    “You have to, boy, and maybe I should have to call you with Little Miss.”
Kian paled.
Shane smiled, “You have to get used to it, boy.”
Kian bit his lips.
    “Hey, I know it’s hard for you, kid, but I promise, I’ll do anything to make you comfort. You can trust me, Kian, I’ll be there when ever you need me. I promise,” he sent another warm smile. Kian felt good. He suddenly remembered of Mark. Mark was saying the Kian. He wondered would he meet Mark again after this life.
     “Oh, I forgot something, and I apologize for this,” Shane said with a little voice. He then pulled out something for the drawer and brought it to Kian.
    “I believe it’s yours, Kian.”
Kian numb in pale, but yet happy. It was Mark’s talisman.
    “We had to put it off from you when we changed your clothes. It’s yours, kid,” he handed back to Kian.
Kian took it with tears. “Thank you. Can I wear it again?”
    “Of course.”
He smiled and wears it again.
Shane looked the boy. The boy seemed so happy having the necklace back.
    “It’s must so special for you, boy.”
 Kian had to nod. “It was from Mark.”
   “Mark?”
   “Yes, my bestfriend. Was.” there’s a sad voice in it.
Shane could sense the boy’s face was so sad, especially when said the ‘was’ word.
    “Want you tell me about him?” he offered with the smile.
Kian bit his lips and looked to the young man shyly.
Shane still smiled.
     “He left me.”
     “Left you?”
Kian nodded.    
     “He was adopted?”
He nodded again. “We promised to stick each other, and he promised he would never leave me. So if anyone wanted one of us, it had to take us two.”
     “But he was adopted without you, and he left you?” Shane guessed carefully.   
Kian nodded in sad. “They didn’t want me, they just want Mark,” tears fall on his cheeks.
    “And where is he now?”
Kian shrugged, “I don’t know, somewhere in Dublin.”
‘Dublin’. That clicks Shane. Was that the journey the boy head to?
    “I was going there…,” the words stuck on his throat. It felt hurt to feel he failed.
Shane had to smile, yes, it was right.
    “He lives happily with his new family now.”
    “Like you will have too here, Kian,” Shane’s face wasn’t a lie.
 Kian looked to that warm face. Yes, he knew that.
      “But I will miss Mark. We never been part, and it was so hard when he was gone.”
Shane just listened with a smile. Somehow he could feel the bound with the poor boy, and needed someone.
    “He used to sing me every night, before I sleep.”
    “Sing you? What song?” Shane was giving a curious face.
    “I don’t know what it calls, Mark made it for me, and he sang it every night.”
    “Can I hear it?”
Kian looked the man. No way would he sing it. But that face like wanted to know. And he slowly sang it.
    “Hush…don’t you worry now,” he sang it shyly. But Sir Shane kept listening. Kian continued,   “just close your eyes and you’ll see the stars.
……
   “Just close your eyes, and make a wish for it comes true. Just close your eyes and don’t you worry, cos I’ll be right here with you. Keep you warm and safe. Just close your eyes….” Kian finished the song with the lowered voice.
Shane still smiled with the song, “What a good song, boy, you must be like it?”
Kian nodded shyly. Yes, he loved the song, and now there’s no one would sing it for him.
Shane took a deep breath.
     “Well, why don’t try to sleep now while I sing that for you?”
Kian was numb.
     “Would you mind if I sing that for you every night before you sleep?”
Kian was even numb. But Sir Shane wouldn’t lie to him.
     “You do?”
     “Yes, if you like to,” Shane with an offering smile. He knew the boy would be please with it.
And yes, Kian nodded shyly.
Shane just smile. “Well, alright, you have to sleep now, and I’ll sing it for you. Tomorrow would be your big day.”
Kian bit his lips, like a recalling. “To be Adeline.”
Shane had to nod. “But do not be worry, you’ll gonna be fine, I promise, we promise.”
Kian just nodded.
     “Now, close your eyes, boy.”
Kian slowly closed his eyes.
Shane was started to sing when Kian opened his eyes again, “Sir, thank you for very kind to me.”
Shane just nodded with a smile, and then started to sing. So strange, Shane was only heard the song once but he remembered the whole song. And he had a lovely voice, he could sing! Kian had to smile happily, he really felt like home. Slowly he closed his eyes, and tried to sleep. Tomorrow his new life as Adeline would begin, he had to face it.


TBC


Chapter 16

No comments:

Post a Comment